On May 21, graduating seniors from the Class of 2019 were recognized for the awards, honors and scholarships they received.
Elgin High School sincerely appreciates all community members who have helped make these scholarships and awards possible. Because of their support, students received a grand total of $70,883 in local scholarships this year.
Additionally, 22 students have received a total of $690,698 in university scholarships, grants and educational benefits.
In honor of their service, students who have enlisted into the military will wear cords during graduation, and they will receive educational benefits comprised of the Post 9/11 GI Bill, Hazelwood Act, and tuition assistance from their respective branch totaling $250,000 each. These Elgin graduates who will serve in the military will receive a combined total of $2,750,000 in educational benefits.
- U.S. ARMY: Jean Abenio, Maxwell Fisher, Evan Young, Daniel Zamarripa Lopez
- U.S. NAVY: Audree Hernandez, Thomas Placek, Cyrus Sellers
- U.S. MARINE CORP: Alexander Day, Christopher Owens, Luis Reyes Hernandez
- TEXAS ARMY NATIONAL GUARD: Jessica Kirkpatrick
More scholarships awarded this year:
- Kaitlyn Carter was awarded the Arbie Johnson Memorial Scholarship by the Elgin Little League Association for $250.
- Kaylee Berdoll and Daniel Jaramillo were awarded the Area Go Texan Scholarship by the Bastrop County Go Texan Committee for $500.
- Alyssa Brandt, Cheyenne Byrer and Kaylee Lundgren were awarded the Bastrop County A&M Club Scholarship for $600.
- Daniel Jaramillo was awarded the Bastrop County Bar Association Scholarship for $2,000.
- Daniel Jaramillo was awarded the Bastrop County Board of Realtors Scholarship for $600.
- Kaylee Berdoll and Clayton Dube were awarded the Bastrop County Soil and Water Conservation District Scholarship for $500.
- Jacob Neidig was awarded the BEST Scholarship from the Greater Texas Federal Credit Union for $500.
- Cheyenne Byrer, Isaac Davila and Jacob Neidig were awarded the Bluebonnet Scholarship of Excellence for Academics from Bluebonnet Electric Cooperative for $2,500.
- Kaylee Berdoll was awarded the Capital Farm Credit Scholarship for $1,000.
- Rafael Flores was awarded the Carment Kiara Youth Organization Scholarship for $500.
- Elena Eubanks was awarded the Elgin Athletic Booster Club Trainer Scholarship for $300.
- Alyssa Brandt, Cheyenne Byrer and Daniel Jaramillo were awarded the Elgin Garden Club Scholarship for $500.
- Tyron McFarlin and Elizabeth Vega were awarded the Gary Snowden Memorial Scholarship for $300.
- Zaria Bledsoe and Lauren Rydell were awarded the Lowell & Georgia Schorr Family Fund Scholarship for $1,031.
- Janayja Jones was awarded the Molly Ivins Civic Scholarship from the Bastrop County Democratic Party for $350.
- Justin Mathis was awarded the Rambo Masonic Lodge No. 426 Scholarship for $500.