It’s Pre-Kindergarten & Kindergarten Roundup Time in McDade ISD. Registration will be held in the central office boardroom, 156 Marlin Street in McDade, on Monday, April 29 and Tuesday, April 30 from 3:30 to 7 p.m.
McDade ISD offers full day pre-kindergarten classes for children who are 3 years old (PK3) and 4 years old (PK4) on or before September 1, 2019, live in the district, and:
• Have a limited ability to speak and/or comprehend the English language; or
• Are homeless; or
• Whose family income (must provide proof of income) allows the child to qualify for free or reduced lunch, TANF or food stamps; or
• Children of active duty uniformed members, which includes parents or guardians, of the Army, Navy,
Marine Corps, Air Force or Coast
Guard who are assigned to duty stations in Texas or who are Texans who have eligible children residing in Texas; or
• Children of Guard and Reserve-Activated /Mobilized uniform members of the Texas National Guard-Army or Air Guard or the Activated/Mobilized members of the Reserve components of the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force or Coast Guard who are Texas residents regardless of the location of the reserve unit; or
• Have military parents who are missing in action or who have died; or
• Is or ever has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code; or
• Is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer, a firefighter or an emergency medical first responder.
Any newly enrolling child who will be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2019, and who lives in the McDade school district is eligible to attend the district’s full-day kindergarten.
Parents should bring the following to registration:
• Two months proof of recent income (pay stubs) (for pre-kindergarten only)
• Proof of residence (such as a contract on a house, a lease agreement, an actual title to house, or a current utility bill such as water, gas or electric)
• Child’s official certified birth certificate and child’s social security card
• Child’s immunization record: kindergarten children must be immunized for DTP/DTaP, polio, measles, mumps, rubella, Hep-A, Hep-B and varicella; pre-kindergarten children must have Hep-A, Hep-B, DTP/DTaP, polio, measles, mumps, rubella and varicella. Immunization requirements may change, so check with the MISD Elementary office for updates.
• Valid identification card of the person who is registering the child
You should bring all the above information when registering. Your child will not be allowed to start school until all the necessary information is provided.
For more information, call MISD at 512-273-2522 ext. 1304. Bus schedules, lunch prices, and other information will be available in August 2019.