The Bastrop County Commissioners Court met on Monday to approve the following items:
- Proclamation regarding Child Abuse Prevention Month and request for use of courthouse lawn on April 9 for “We Sing for the Children” event sponsored by the Children’s Advocacy Center and Court Appointed Special Advocates.
- Request from Stalwart Films, LLC for intermittent road closures on Lower Elgin Road and FM 969 for filming of the “Fear the Walking Dead” television series.
- Appointed a committee to interview applicants for the veteran services director position. The committee includes retiring veteran services director Richard Hutchins, County Judge Paul Pape, Commisioners Mel Hamner and Clara Beckett and Melissa DeLeon from the Bastrop County human resources department.
- Resolution recognizing April 14 through 20 as Public Safety Tele-Communicator Week. The commissioners commended the staff for all their hard work, especially since the group is the third busiest in the Capitol Area Council of Governments (CAPCOG) region behind Travis and Williamson Counties.
- Order authorizing an application to U.S. Department of Commerce Economic Development Administration for financial assistance and an interlocal agreement with the City of Smithville concerning a State Highway 95 infrastructure and sidewalk project, pending legal approval by the district attorney’s office. - Accepted the CAMPO Regional Arterial Plan report by Regional Planning Manager Kelly Porter and Comprehensive Annual Financial Report from Paula Lowe of Pattillo, Brown and Hill, LLC.