The Bastrop County Health Authority has received information of a 2nd presumptive positive case of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Bastrop County. The 33-year-old female is a resident of Bastrop County.
Indications are that her exposure is travel related, and not a result of community spread. Local Bastrop County Officials in coordination with the Texas Department of State Health Services are working to identify and notify any contacts the individual may have had recently.
Although most individuals who contract the virus will not need medical care, residents who develop low to moderate fever, cough, and shortness of breath are encouraged to contact their primary care physician and to follow their advice. If you do not have a primary care physician, please reach out to the Ascension COVID-19 Hotline at (833) 978-0649.
The best way to protect yourself and your family is to take the following preventive actions to avoid exposure:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water is unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Bastrop County residents have two hotlines available for COVID-19 questions. For general questions, residents should call the Bastrop County COVID-19 Hotline at 512- 303-4300. For specific medical questions or questions about coronavirus symptoms, residents should call the Ascension COVID-19 Medical Hotline at 833-978-0649.