Elgin Antique Mall, owned by W.C. and Julie Estes, opened their doors on September 1, 1988 in the then-old Super S building, now Spec’s at 1100 U.S. Highway 290. They relocated down the road to their current location in House Park in October of 2001. For over three decades, this business has been a big part of Elgin, and on December 1st, Julie Estes will be retiring and closing the doors. After 31 years, wonderful and beautiful antiques and collectibles have gone through the doors to new homes to be loved and enjoyed. Julie was there almost every day during this long period of time serving the customers.
There will be a retirement party, along with refreshments, November 29 through December 1. Everyone is invited to stop by a give Julie and the vendors a friendly send-off. If you’ve ever had any part of their history, please stop by and say goodbye. W.C. Estes will continue Elgin Furniture Refinishers and Picture Framers of Elgin, which is located at 205 South Main Street.