Elgin Courier

default avatar
Welcome to the site! Login or Signup below.
|
||
Logout|My Dashboard

Paige man dies from rattlesnake bite

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 3:36 pm

A Paige man died after receiving a snakebite on his hand while attempting to kill a rattler Tuesday, April 5.

Two days after being bitten Mark Shaw, 47, died at University Medical Center Brackenridge. He received an antivenin treatment at Smithville Regional Hospital, but was taken to Brackenridge by STARflight shortly thereafter.

You must login to view the full content on this page.

Thank you for reading 20 free articles on our site. You can come back at the end of your 30-day period for another 20 free articles, or you can purchase a subscription at this time and continue to enjoy valuable local news and information. If you need help, please contact our office at 512-285-3333. You need an online service to view this article in its entirety.

Have an online subscription?

Need an online subscription?

Subscribe

Login

  • Discuss

Welcome to the discussion.

1 comment:

  • DeanAllan posted at 6:56 am on Thu, Apr 28, 2011.

    DeanAllan Posts: 1

    There is a website worth having a look at that has a heap of information on snakes and what to do to reduce the chance of being bitten by one - check out www.workingwithwildlifeusa.com.

    There are snake bite first aid sheets that you can download for free and they also have an e-Book that you can buy and an online awareness course that you can do - it is well worth a look.

     
  • Aviator Pizza

    • icon Updated: August 28
  • Parobek

    • icon Updated: May 31
  • Jeanette Shelby

    • icon Updated: July 24
  • Tex Propane Co.

    • icon Updated: August 28
  • Elgin Smiles Dental

    • icon Updated: June 13
More Display Ads